Skip to main content

BLE & BAE Discussion - Memorial of Saint Augustine, Bishop and Doctor of the Church

 Blessed are those who fear the Lord.


Reflection from Dynamic Catholic



Alleluia

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever keeps the word of Christ,
the love of God is truly perfected in him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

Jesus said,
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites.
You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside,
but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every kind of filth.
Even so, on the outside you appear righteous,
but inside you are filled with hypocrisy and evildoing.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites.
You build the tombs of the prophets
and adorn the memorials of the righteous, 
and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors,
we would not have joined them in shedding the prophets’ blood.’
Thus you bear witness against yourselves
that you are the children of those who murdered the prophets;
now fill up what your ancestors measured out!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLE & BAE Discussion - Feast of Saint Matthias, Apostle

  The Lord will give him a seat with the leaders of his people. Reflection from Dynamic Catholic Sign up for FREE Daily Reflections HERE Readings from USCCB.org Alleluia See Jn 15:16 R.  Alleluia, alleluia. I chose you from the world, to go and bear fruit that will last, says the Lord. R.  Alleluia, alleluia. Gospel Jn 15:9-17 Jesus said to his disciples: “As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. “I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Fat...

BLE & BAE Discussion - Memorial of Saint Bonaventure, Bishop and Doctor of the Church

  The Lord will not abandon his people. Reflection from Dynamic Catholic Sign up for FREE Daily Reflections HERE Readings from USCCB.org Alleluia Matthew 11:25 R. Alleluia, alleluia. Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom. R. Alleluia, alleluia.   Gospel Matthew 11:25-27 At that time Jesus exclaimed:  “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.”

BLE & BAE Discussion Saturday 22nd Week in Ordinary Time

Good morning, Holiness is Possible. Creating holy moments From Dynamic Catholic Gospel  LK 6:1-5 While Jesus was going through a field of grain on a sabbath, his disciples were picking the heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands, and eating them. Some Pharisees said, “Why are you doing what is unlawful on the sabbath?” Jesus said to them in reply, “Have you not read what David did when he and those who were with him were hungry? How he went into the house of God, took the bread of offering, which only the priests could lawfully eat, ate of it, and shared it with his companions?” Then he said to them, “The Son of Man is lord of the sabbath.” Blessing to all who read and to those who share.  Make it a great day.