Skip to main content

BLE & BAE Discussion - Wednesday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time

 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)


Reflection from Dynamic Catholic 

“Who you become is infinitely more important than what you do or what you have.”

Readings from USCCB.org

Alleluia

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom
and cured every disease among the people.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

Gospel

Jesus entered the synagogue.
There was a man there who had a withered hand.
They watched Jesus closely
to see if he would cure him on the sabbath
so that they might accuse him.
He said to the man with the withered hand,
“Come up here before us.”
Then he said to the Pharisees,
“Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath rather than to do evil,
to save life rather than to destroy it?”
But they remained silent.
Looking around at them with anger
and grieved at their hardness of heart,
Jesus said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.”
He stretched it out and his hand was restored.
The Pharisees went out and immediately took counsel
with the Herodians against him to put him to death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLE & BAE Discussion - Feast of Saint Matthias, Apostle

  The Lord will give him a seat with the leaders of his people. Reflection from Dynamic Catholic Sign up for FREE Daily Reflections HERE Readings from USCCB.org Alleluia See Jn 15:16 R.  Alleluia, alleluia. I chose you from the world, to go and bear fruit that will last, says the Lord. R.  Alleluia, alleluia. Gospel Jn 15:9-17 Jesus said to his disciples: “As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. “I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Fat...

BLE & BAE Discussion - Memorial of Saint Bonaventure, Bishop and Doctor of the Church

  The Lord will not abandon his people. Reflection from Dynamic Catholic Sign up for FREE Daily Reflections HERE Readings from USCCB.org Alleluia Matthew 11:25 R. Alleluia, alleluia. Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom. R. Alleluia, alleluia.   Gospel Matthew 11:25-27 At that time Jesus exclaimed:  “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.”

BLE & BAE Discussion Saturday 22nd Week in Ordinary Time

Good morning, Holiness is Possible. Creating holy moments From Dynamic Catholic Gospel  LK 6:1-5 While Jesus was going through a field of grain on a sabbath, his disciples were picking the heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands, and eating them. Some Pharisees said, “Why are you doing what is unlawful on the sabbath?” Jesus said to them in reply, “Have you not read what David did when he and those who were with him were hungry? How he went into the house of God, took the bread of offering, which only the priests could lawfully eat, ate of it, and shared it with his companions?” Then he said to them, “The Son of Man is lord of the sabbath.” Blessing to all who read and to those who share.  Make it a great day.